List of Healthy Foods and Benefits of Eating Healthy Foods
If you’re searching for a list of healthy foods then you have come to the right place. In this article we are going to provide for you a terrific healthy food list so that you will live a long healthy life. But before we get started, let’s discuss the benefits of healthy food choices for you and your family.
Benefits of Eating Healthy Foods
- Disease Prevention (i.e. reduce risk of heart disease)
- Helps you Lose and Maintain Weight
- Reduce the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Stabilize and Reduce Blood Pressure Levels
- Provides the Energy needed to Sustain Physical and Mental Activity
- Will allow you to Maintain Strong Bones and Teeth
And many, many more benefits of eating healthy. So now let’s get started with our list of healthy foods so you can sustain a healthy lifestyle!
List of Healthy Foods
Generally speaking these are the best group of foods that should be added to your everyday diet:
- Foods that include “good fats” e.g. healthy oils and fats which include avocados, flaxseeds, and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans and seeds.
- Complex carbohydrates are the best which includes green vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grain breads and bran cereals.
- Make friends with fiber and include fiber rich foods in your diet. This includes fruits, vegetables, wheat bran and brown rice.
- Whole grain foods that should be added to your diet include brown rice, quinoa, bulgur, whole oats/oatmeal, buckwheat, whole wheat flour and popcorn.
- Protein rich foods which includes plant-based protein, cold water fish (e.g. salmon), lean chicken, cheese, tofu, beans, egg whites, nuts, seeds and low-fat dairy (milk).
Generally speaking the following food groups are the healthiest and most nutritious food groups on the planet:
- Fresh Fruit
- Vegetables (especially cruciferous vegetables)
- Plant-based Protein (e.g. nuts, beans and peas)
- Good Fats (e.g. flaxseed and walnuts)
- Legumes (e.g. beans and peas)
- Whole Grains
Vegetables: Arugula, mustard greens, horseradish, turnip greens, garlic, onions, leeks, kale, collard greens, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, radicchio, watercress, beet greens, radish, sea vegetables, sweet potatoes, pomegranate, asparagus, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, bok choy, swiss chard, squash, sorrel, pumpkin, bell peppers, artichokes, tomatoes and zucchini
Fruits: Avocados, dried apricots, pears, plums (especially black plums), tangerines, dates, berries, passion fruit, dried figs, apples, watermelon, peaches, honeydew, clementines, pineapple, bananas, kiwifruit, grapefruit, prunes, cantaloupe, lychees, lemons, limes, papaya, mangos, nectarines, oranges, concord grapes, and pluots
Legumes: Miso, tempeh, split peas, pinto beans, lentils, kidney beans, edamame, small red beans, great northern beans, navy beans, english peas, chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans), cannellini beans, butter beans, black-eyed peas, and black beans
Nuts: Pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, and macadamia nuts
Seeds: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds
Whole Grains: Quinoa (ground), rye, teff, wild rice, barley, buckwheat, millet, brown rice, whole oats, bulgur, oatmeal, whole-wheat pasta, and popcorn
Spices: Cloves, turmeric, basil, ginger, cumin, garlic, chili powder, curry powder, dill, mustard powder, bay leaves, cardamom, marjoram, fenugreek, cinnamon, allspice, cilantro, horseradish, lemongrass, coriander, barberries, and oregano
Beverages: Water, tea, coffee, homemade lemonade, 100% Pure Organic Orange Juice (with calcium and vitamin D)
Flaxseeds: Brown and golden flaxseeds
Other Nutrition Rich Foods
- Chicken Breast
- Turkey Breast
- Lean Beef
- Fish (e.g. cold water fish like salmon – wild-caught from Alaska)
- Eggs and Eggs White
- Nonfat or Low-Fat Dairy (e.g. milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese)
So there you have it folks, our healthy food list so you and your family can live a long, healthy life!
If you would like to learn how to achieve optimal health and total wellness then complete the contact form below and we will reply back to you with details on how to get started!
[inbound_forms id=”555″ name=”Wellness Business Form”]